|Job Type:||Full Time|
This role is responsible for assisting the Project Delivery team to undertake project management activities and contract administration to support the delivery of projects across the Sales & Marketing channel.
- Support and deliver project controls services (schedule, cost, quality, risk, information management and reporting) and project administration activities.
- Assist the Project Delivery and Asset Optimisation team with building and updating programs, budgets and resource phasing, including master schedule integration.
- Prepare timely project performance management data including resource loading, schedule and critical path(s) analysis & project phase analysis.
- Assist the Project Delivery Team in interpretation of Contractual obligations and provide subject matter expertise on contractual issues.
- Assist with negotiation of contract variations and claims in line with agreed contractual mechanisms.
- Prepare or assist Project Delivery Team to prepare contract notices, variations, certificates for the contract records. Assist the team on contract disputes and issue resolution.
- Create and maintain project contract registers/spread sheets and monitor contract securities/insurances.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Experience in contracts administration within a complex business environment,
- Experience in project controls & project administration
- Experience working with Aust. Standard contract suite
- Background in building / construction / retail projects - preferred
- High level of commercial awareness with strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Deliberate and effective attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Working knowledge & experience with project management and financial software (SAP, Ariba or equivalent)
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP’s Fuels AsPac business operates in three distinctive retail fuels markets in Australia, New Zealand and China.
We’ve been proudly operating in Australia for almost 100 years. Here, we are the only fully integrated fuels business, with a team of 6,000 passionate people delivering quality fuels from the well to the petrol bowser. Along with our terminals, pipelines and 1,400 BP-branded retail fuel sites we are also founding participants in the North West Shelf and Browse joint ventures. We also operate Australia’s largest refinery in Kwinana.
Our 3,000 strong New Zealand team is driven to deliver a customer experience second to none. Today we operate more than 90 BP Connect retail sites and are renowned for our signature Wild Bean Cafes. We also have a national network of BP-branded independent retailers, distributor partners, truckstops, and a terminals and logistics operation.
Through strong partnerships with China’s top two state-owned oil companies, PetroChina and Sinopec, BP operates over 750 dual-branded retail stations in Guangdong and Zhejiang provinces, serving 400,000 customers and selling over 12 million litres of gasoline and diesel every day. And BP now also has a joint venture with Shandong Dongming Petroleum Company Ltd.
BP strives to be a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a great employer. We care deeply about our people, creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everybody can contribute and grow. The breadth of our business makes it the perfect place to build your career.