|Job Type:||Full Time|
Build your career and Australia’s future.
As a Commercial Analyst, you will report into the Commercial Manager, the main purpose of your role is to support the implementation and maintenance of strategies, processes and frameworks to support effective governance and operation of the commercial, contractual, and financial arrangements established by nbn to ensure that the contractual obligations under the contracts are satisfied with particular attention to contract payments.
Your role will provide analytical support delivering insights and recommendations to commercial functions and senior management across the business.
The role will be responsible for the payment validation, analysis, metrics reporting and management of the payment’s application. This role is a key role in the Payment Assurance team and will be required to adapt to changing operating framework.
Please note this is 24-month fixed term opportunity.
A bit about your role
As a Commercial Analyst, you will be responsible to provide:
- Lead the validation, analysis and maintenance of business rules related to high value PSAA/Migration Fee invoices & the validation of Benchmark Subscriber Address (BSA) transactions and ensure each eligible location meets the contractual business rules. Investigate and resolve any issues to ensure nbn is not liable for more payments than is contractually obligated.
- Supporting the Commercial Manager Payment Assurance with the clear communication of the result of the validation to key business and Finance stakeholders. Support the Senior Commercial Managers with issue resolution through analysis and modelling of relevant data.
- Key contributor to enhancements to payment assurance IT systems, providing contractual SME requirements, and supporting the build in an agile IT development environment.
- Maintain and improve financial models to support Finance with the monthly accrual of PSAA/Migration Fees.
- Maintain and improve financial models to support the annual IOP/Budget and periodic Finance driven forecast cycles.
- Support the Commercial Manager with ongoing optimisation of Subscriber Commercial payment assurance processes and conduct analysis of the relevant contract and internal nbn data and provide supporting evidence to assist determination of whether to pursue contract disputes.
A bit about you
You will come with a solid background in finance and data analysis/reporting. You will have experience with governance and experience dealing in the transactional space. Experience dealing with contracts will be critical to have.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent communication skills with good stakeholder management skills and high attention to detail. Expertise in Tableau will be highly regarded.
Life at nbn
At nbn our people have a clear and shared purpose - to empower Australians to redefine the way they live, work and play into the future. As one of the largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Australian history, you’ll be part of a groundbreaking team helping to build a brighter future for the country.
In your personal career, you’ll benefit from technical training for professional development, leadership programs and access to the latest technology, as well as being led by a diverse executive team.
We are proud of our inclusive culture where diversity is welcomed. We encourage people of all backgrounds including people of all ages, women, people with a disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We provide a flexible, supportive workplace ensuring that all employees have the opportunity to thrive and grow.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.