|Job Type:||Full Time|
BHP is establishing Operations Services – a new team of employees who will provide production and maintenance services that have previously been performed by external contractors. We are investing in our team to take your skills and career to places you never thought possible. This is an exciting time for BHP. Are you ready to make your place?Reporting to the Manager Production, this challenging role will see you provide direction and leadership to a large team supporting a truck and shovel fleet. You will provide direct leadership to Supervisors and Coordinators overseeing compliance with operating standards, procedures, work instructions and defined process to achieve optimal production outcomes.
Your previous success in leading a large team, building a positive workplace culture and working in an open cut environment will be paramount in setting you up for success.
You will enjoy the flexibility associated with a lifestyle friendly roster or can be based residentially.You will possess strong engagement, influencing and collaboration skills in order to achieve the high-level outcomes with your team.
You will also:
- Create a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team;
- Be a motivated, engaged and supportive people leader;
- Provide input into planning processes with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Have ownership of improvement projects;
- Utilise your strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to work across various stakeholders
- You will possess production experience, within a leadership role
- Tertiary qualifications are desirable, however not essential
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.