|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Unique opportunity to work with Australian bank notes
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Craigieburn Location in Melbourne
The RBA employs a technical quality assurance team at its Craigieburn premises to assist with the Bank's role of ensuring confidence in Australian Banknotes. This team is responsible for ensuring that fit-for-purpose nature of banknotes that are to be released into circulation, along with research into the development of new testing methodologies. The Research and Development section within Note Issue also undertakes research into the development of novel security features that can be used on future generations of banknotes to protect against counterfeiting and to ensure that the banknotes meet the public’s requirements.
This role will oversee the quality assurance (QA) team within the Research and Development Section of the Note Issue Department, including the development and implementation of new control assurance management protocols and you will:
- Manage the Banknote Evaluation Laboratory (BEL) and Damaged Notes Laboratory (DNL).
- Drive continual improvement programs ensuring quality of Australian banknotes.
- Conduct and support research and development programs.
- Review technical developments relevant to research and development.
- Prepare and review technical documentations relating to quality assurance
- Support strategic objectives of the department
- Liaise with stakeholders on banknote security-related matters.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Prior experience in management of a control assurance program.
- An extensive understanding of quality control methodologies specifically AQL and six sigma.
- Excellent research, organisational and communication skills.
- A degree, preferably with a research higher degree, or have extensive relevant experience, in the physical sciences
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is highly desirable, and knowledge of commercial printing technologies is desirable, including ink and coating systems.
- Extensive experience in managing and directing specialist staff.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
Successful applicants will be subject to Australian government security clearance vetting, which requires candidates to hold Australian citizenship.
What’s on offer?
- Work for an organisation that truly makes a difference to the Australian people
- Develop your career in a collaborative environment
- Access to a wide-range of benefits
- Exposure to state of the art technology
About the RBA
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system.
How to Apply
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement addressing the selection criteria is strongly encouraged.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.