|Job Type:||Full Time|
Siemens is a global engineering powerhouse rich in diverse culture expanding over 190 countries. The company prides itself on 140 years of innovation, sustainability and technology, brought to businesses around the world. Our Building Technologies (BT) division combines offerings for security solutions and building automation within one company as a service provider and systems integrator and as a manufacturer of respective products.
Our Siemens BT Bowen Hills, QLD branch requires a capable and experienced back of house estimator / sales support person proficient in the Security (SES) sector to support the QLD security sales team in all aspects of the sales process to service our existing and new potential customers.
You will require a sound understanding of large scale Access Control, CCTV and Security Systems, have the ability to read and understand Electrical & Security Drawings and Technical Security Specifications and have the skill set to select appropriate technology from our portfolio or external portfolios to match solution requirements. You will also be a “team-player” with a positive “can-do” attitude and a strong work ethic. Experience in a similar role or industry is favorable, along with strong written and oral skills to be able to communicate effectively, with both internal and external stakeholders.
Brief summary of tasks required but not limited to the following:
- Undertake tender support and quotation activities through all sales stages from EOI to supply of offer including design, product selection, labour estimation, costing and formal quotation for extensions, migrations, upgrades, new solutions or service contracts based on industry-leading technologies and solutions to support our key accounts in QLD or new potential “Greenfield” accounts / sites
- Coordinate information gathering activities as required with sales, service and operational team members as needed to compile offers.
- Support the Qld security sales team to review potential incoming opportunities and tenders and to qualify them (bid/no bid) and identify opportunities of relevance within the limits of the capability and skill set of our internal teams, in order to continue to grow the QLD client base.
- Attend sites (if and as required) with Sales team member/s to better understand the customer’s business process, concerns and security needs. This will allow the sales team to propose the optimal Siemens solution and a more accurate quotation to address the client’s requirements most effectively.
- Comply with Company Quality System Tendering procedures
- Compilation of high quality tender responses and quotation offers.
- Ensure timely responses of tender responses and quotation offers.
- Ensure accurate solution offerings and costings tender responses and quotation offers.
- Attend internal estimate review meetings with the appropriate management
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives in a proactive manner to assist in bid competitiveness
- Provide support activities for the handover of successful tenders to our Project Teams for delivery.
The right person must have:
- A QLD Security License
- Strong Access Control/CCTV/Security/ background
- Experience working within the Security industry
- Self-motivated and be able to work autonomously
- Willingness to embrace processes
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Exercise attention to detail and be able to review formal documentation
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- IT literate particularly with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Strong Computer Hardware and IP Networking skills would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Experience having worked in a similar role
- Full rights to work in Australia.
The role offers a talented, highly organized, focused and energetic individual the opportunity to put their know-how into practice in a responsive, relaxed and professional organization striving for "Best Practice".
Siemens supports flexible work arrangements for the right candidate when appropriate for the role and team commitments.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people.
Job ID: 90621
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time