|Job Type:||Full Time|
As the world’s only integrated Technology Company spanning the entire energy conversion chain, Siemens works across all business and technology interfaces with an integrated portfolio of products, solutions and services. Our breadth of offerings from power generation, transmission and distribution, along with our proven expertise, allows us to provide end-to-end energy solutions to meet the growing needs of the local market.
Siemens currently has an opportunity for an experienced Solar Solutions Senior Engineer to join our Siemens Energy Management division based in North Ryde, NSW. In this role, you will lead the development of technical solutions for high voltage electrical balance of plant (eBoP) from pre-acquisition phase through to offer phase and project execution phase.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Design competitive concepts / solutions for HV solar plant eBoP’s and align concepts/solutions with our customers/key stakeholders;
- Draft detailed equipment specifications for electrical substations and distribution systems.
- Assist in evaluation of suppliers offering both technical compliances and cost comparison/benchmarking;
- Business Development and Customer consulting (incl. customer’s value / benefit of offered solution);
- Provide technical support for our sales team, bid team and project execution team;
- Undertake primary substation design. Lead and coordinate the primary and secondary design during project execution phase of EBOP;
- Coach and mentor junior engineers in the team
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have prior experience gained within the power distribution industry where your focus was on substation primary design and grid connection of substations. Specific experience within the solar market is preferred i.e. experience with inverters and solar grid connections. Suitable qualifications in Electrical Engineering and formal professional certification such as RPEQ, CPEng or similar is a requirement.
In addition, you will bring a positive attitude and the ability to demonstrate a solid employment history in supporting successful project bids and successful delivery of design and engineering components of projects. You will be confident and adept at engaging with customers, other external stakeholders and Siemens team members, including collaboration in virtual teams. You will also be able to work independently and in complex projects and dynamic environments. This role has full support from broader team including project management, engineering, document control, QSE, and management.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people.
Job ID: 90606
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time