ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Provide clinical leadership and support to the outpatient Mother Baby service program at the Wyndham Clinic in Hoppers Crossing.
- Provides support to the mother baby unit at the Werribee Mercy Hospital when required
- Assist in the implementations of a perinatal consultation liaison psychiatry service to the Werribee Mercy Hospital
- Supervision of RANZCP trainees
- 0.4 EFT role available
- 12 Month Fixed Term contract to be extended by mutual agreement
- Fellowship of the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- Specialist Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Experience in Peri-natal Psychiatry service provision
- You will have well-developed communications skills and be comfortable practicing within a Recovery Orientated Mental Health Service framework.
- You will have demonstrated clinical leadership skills
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
The Mercy Health - Mother Baby Services forms part of Mercy Mental Health situated at the Werribee Mercy Hospital. It provides comprehensive psychiatric services to mothers and infants from Western Metropolitan Melbourne and Western rural Victoria as part of a state wide mother baby service.
The Service comprises both inpatient and community teams. The inpatient unit admits mothers with psychiatric illness together with their infants and provides a comprehensive treatment program with a multidisciplinary team consisting of psychiatrists, psychologist, social worker, maternal and child health nurse and psychiatric nurses. The community team provides outpatient assessments and treatment for both antenatal and postnatal women in a variety of clinical settings as well as consultation liaison with mental health and maternity services and community education.
The University of Notre Dame, School of Medicine has a teaching program at Werribee Mercy Hospital. Adjunct academic positions are available for interested candidates.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Professional development and learning
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Fully funded childcare referral service
At Mercy Health we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and valued. Mercy Health encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: A/Prof Dean Stevenson, Clinical Services Director, Mental Health Services (03) 9928 7483 or email@example.com
Quote Ref No: MMH 131
Applications Close: Monday, 31 December 2018