|Job Type:||Full Time|
IBM is one of the world’s largest companies and its focus technologies include AI, Cybersecurity, Blockchain, and Cloud. Backed by one of the world’s largest Research organizations we understand the business of Research both in advancing knowledge for the world as well as its commercial impact. Innovation is important, innovation that matters for us and the world and the communities we serve.
This position is a member of the Sales Profession, Relationship Sales Discipline.
The Client Representative is responsible for the total customer relationship of assigned accounts. Is proficient at planning and executing an effective relationship strategy and maintains effective long-term business relationships at the senior level with key decision makers and influencers. Is the integrator of IBM before the customer. Identifies and prioritizes IBM opportunities and develops solutions strategies. Plans and facilitates and/or conducts complex negotiations reaching lasting agreements and commitments. Responsible for developing an effective account plan. Responsible for revenue and customer satisfaction with assigned accounts. Conducts business via telephone, electronic mail, Internet or in person.
Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
Following are the primary roles/responsibilities of the Client Executive:
- Manages the total customer relationship; integrator of IBM
- Maintains senior executive relationships
- Leads account planning and opportunity identification
- Plans and facilitates and/or conducts complex negotiations for assigned accounts
- Drives growth in assigned accounts
- Opportunity prioritization and overall account plan for assigned accounts
- Responsible for revenue and customer satisfaction on assigned accounts
- Applies expert understanding of sales processes, including the IBM Client Value Method.
- Applies a mastery of business acumen, including an understanding of the customers’ business, industry, economic trends, issues, and competition.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies, both IBM and clients.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of IBM strategies, offerings, and technologies. Applies knowledge of information technology and leading edge solutions related to the client’s business.
- Demonstrates effective use of channels.
- Masters the required proficiency levels of the Relationship Discipline skills for this position.
- Demonstrates expertise in relationship skills which promote and enable a deep understanding of the customers’ strategies, business goals and objectives.
- Mentors and provides guidance to others in the development of their strategies and plans.
- Plans and facilitates and/or conducts complex negotiations reaching lasting agreements and commitments.
- Anticipates customer problems and develops realistic visions and strategies.
- Anticipates and clearly defines problems, logically diagnoses causes, identifies solutions and creates action plans.
- Applies creativity and judgment in developing new approaches and solutions.
Responsible for managing the total customer relationship for all assigned accounts. Qualifies and manages IBM opportunities, including both large and complex ones. Guides the development of the solution and support strategy based on an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, industry trends and directions, their competitors, their relative position in the industry and IBM capabilities in the client environment. Works with the client’s executive team to position long-term strategic issues and solutions.
A recognized leader and expert both inside and outside the geography. Performs at expert level with little/no management direction. Responsible for large and complex projects; decides on priorities following general business unit directives.
Has a clear vision of customer and IBM strategies and develops accordingly a long-term business relationship with the client, providing total solutions to the client’s business needs.
Major influencer of the client’s information system strategy and plan. Provides inputs to the client’s business strategy and plan, and is often considered a virtual teammate by the client. Considered key thought leader by client’s senior management team. Is sought out by the client for advice on business problems and opportunities and to understand how IBM can become a strategic partner to the client.
Establishes and manages effective business relationships at both the functional and executive levels referencing successful business engagements, understanding and articulating what value IBM can bring to the relationship and creating new ideas to expand the business partnership. Considered peer manager and contributor within client’s executive team. Leads multifunctional teams. Participates in industry and business-related organizations, societies, conferences, and other client-related activities to maintain professional credibility and leadership. Leads by example and demonstrates the highest level of teamwork and professional qualities
Impact on Business/Scope:
Is a leader responsible for revenue and customer satisfaction on assigned accounts. Responsible for strategy development and execution. Leads the development and implementation of the account plan(s), including executive relationship strategy and coverage plans. Leverages channels to maintain and improve customer satisfaction and maximize revenue. Utilizes the SET/MET process and is proactive in improving customer satisfaction. Monitors and maintains an awareness of all key IBM/client activities, including the representation of client issues, needs and concerns throughout IBM. Consistently delivers solutions which are highly valued by the client and IBM and are considered high impact, complex and strategic by both.
International Business Machines (IBM) is the world’s leading information technology products, services, and solutions company. The company’s portfolio of capabilities ranges from services to software, hardware, fundamental research, financing and the component technologies used to build larger systems.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.