|Job Type:||Full Time|
- You are flexible and resilient in ever changing circumstances
- We’re a team who love meeting a challenge head on
- Together we can help you be you and support your career development
Do work that matters
This role is primarily accountable for the design, execution and delivery of stress tests for Institutional Banking and Markets. This includes the annual APRA and Group stress test, as well as the various industry/portfolio level stress tests.
In addition, the role is also expected to contribute in the design, creation and enhancement of fit-for-purpose stress test models for different level of stress tests.
See yourself in our team
The Risk Executive Stress Test reports to the Executive Manager of Risk Analytics within the Institutional Banking and Markets Risk Chief Operating Office team.
In any given week you will
- Assist and produce the required analysis and report in annual APRA and Group internal stress test. Liaise with stakeholders across modelling team, Group stress test, Risk and Business to invite feedback and provide appropriate analysis to address questions. Produce the stress test report and present to the stakeholders in business and risk to get sign off;
- Take lead in the end to end execution of IB&M industry and portfolio level stress test, including discussion with stakeholders to design the stress test scenario, choose the appropriate model to conduct the stress test, communicate the initial result with business and invite feedback, incorporate stakeholders’ suggestions into the process, summarise the findings and insight with analysis and present the results to the senior stakeholders in both risk and business;
- Explain the stress test result to stakeholders in a business context. Identify opportunities to improve portfolio management and reduce risk. Provide practical and actionable suggestions to improve risk adjusted return;
- Design and create fit for purpose stress test model and process. Conduct peer research to make sure our model and process are up to date with the industry practice and standard;
- Maintain and enhance the industry/portfolio level stress test models. Identify and remediate any potential issues caused by data quality or model deficiency;
- Address queries from stakeholders by undertaking ad hoc analysis, projects and tasks;
- Manage and maintain good relationship with stakeholders across Business and Risk;
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great career opportunities both within the Risk Management leadership team and beyond in the wider CommBank Group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- Advanced knowledge and experience of executing stress test process and running stress test models.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of creating and enhancing stress test models in SAS and other programming language.
- Be able to explain the stress test results in a business context. Link the result with active portfolio management and provide actionable and practical suggestions to reduce risk and improve risk adjusted return.
- Good communication skills. Experience of presentation to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of credit risk management, Risk concepts/process. Knowledge of Business and product preferable.
- Experience in leading a team
- Substantial experience in financial services, preferably in stress test.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.