|Job Type:||Full Time|
Systems Service Representative - Melbourne
- Client-facing entry-level positions
- Build your career at IBM
- Permanent position
What do enabling robots to understand human emotions, transforming media and retail, changing the game of sports, and creating step-by-step recipes based on your own dietary requirements and favourite ingredients – all have in common? They are powered by IBM.
We can also add Doctor Watson to that list – with Watson Health being used to discover new drugs, suggest diagnoses and course of treatment. If that’s not impressive enough, Watson can find you the best holiday destination – by using cognitive technology. At IBM we are constantly innovating to meet real needs with the latest technology. This is how we are defining the cognitive era. What can YOU do with IBM?
Our Technology Support Services team are currently working with a large client to provide technical support to their users, in both capital cities and rural locations across Australia. Whilst we might not all be technical, what we have in common is our passion for technology and our willingness to learn from one another. We are currently looking to build a new team of Systems Service Representatives, to travel to our client's locations to perform repairs on multi-vendor products.
What will I be doing?
- Following step-by-step technical action plans and processes provided by a remote technical support agent
- Fixing and replacing hardware components in PC laptops, desktops, x86 servers, tablets, and POS printers
- Dismantling and reassembling equipment
- Performing adjustments, refurbishments, installation and configuration to products
- On call, shift, stand by duties. 24 x 7 roster
- Responsible for on-site installation, maintenance and repair of IBM and multi-vendor systems and components, including hardware, networking products, software and operating systems
- Perform services activities such as systems assurance, installation planning, account management, systems level problem determination, discontinuance and relocation of IBM and non-IBM systems and products
What skills will I need?
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work autonomously
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Understanding and enthusiasm for technology
What experience do I need?
- Australian driver license and road-worthy vehicle
- Customer service experience
- Familiarity with Windows and MS Office
- Technical certifications (preferred)
- Experience in several main activities and working knowledge of interrelated activities
Employees will be compensated for travel to and from their working destinations.
AU Citizen and current PR holders are welcome to apply.
Sign me up
Whether you have just finished school, are looking to return to the workforce, or looking for a change in your career - we want to hear from YOU! Education and on-the-job training will be provided to all employees, all you need to bring is a positive, can-do attitude! To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.