|Job Type:||Full Time|
**D**o work that matters
You’ll support sustainable business growth across Business & Private Bank (BPB) through optimal risk / reward decisions and assurance on key controls.
Being in a Line 2 role, you will work closely with the Business (including Line 1 Risk Management), other Risk functions (Operational Risk, Compliance Risk, Financial Crimes Compliance and Credit Risk), and act as the lead provider of data and analytical insights that proactively identifies and detects emerging risk themes and trends.
See yourself in our team
Risk Management ensures the Group has appropriate strategies and frameworks in place to assess, manage and report on credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks.
BPB Risk Management is responsible for ensuring all business activities, transactions and processes are conducted in accordance with the Operational Risk Management Framework. We do this by providing advice, monitoring and oversight of business activities.
In delivering these services, our key aim is to support BPB and the Group to achieve its strategic goals including operating within Risk Appetite.
On any given day you will
- Provide data and analytical insights that identifies and detects early emerging risk themes and trends. This will include, but not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining CRO and business management reporting that detects and monitors emerging risk themes / trends; and
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing data queries that leverage off sources of business information, e.g. customer, product and risk data, that can enable the better detected of potential and / or systemic risk themes / trends.
In addition, you will need to provide proactive internal / industry benchmarking and identification of emerging operational risk.
- Contribute to the development, expansion and deployment of the Group’s analytical capability for operational risk and compliance, for example DART.
- Partner with both the BPB Operational Risk Advisory and Assurance teams to proactively diagnose and measure risk exposures, along with recommending practical management actions to reduce the exposure.
- Lead the development and improvement of non-financial risk indicators that can be relied on management to assess levels of risk exposure against risk appetite.
- Proactively execute against the accountabilities that are expected of a Line 2 Operational Risk advisor (as set out in the Three Lines of Accountability model).
- Ensure the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) is implemented and operating effectively, including the oversight of the Operational risk profiles for the segment(s) that you support.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and embedding all aspects of the ORMF, including relevant policies (e.g. Supplier Governance) and systems (RiskInSite – IBM OpenPages).
Your path looks like
If you live the values and demonstrate people capabilities, CBA offers great career opportunities. This role provides experience, exposure and education at a management level which can lead to a variety of opportunities across Business & Private Banking, Risk Management and the CBA Group.
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Strong teamwork focus with excellence in driving results and delivering customer satisfaction.
- Experience in successfully communicating with and influencing your peers and senior management.
- Deep expertise with mining and deciphering management information.
- Sound technical skills & knowledge base in Operational Risk management related activities / functions
- Experience in project management, training, business investigations and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of commercial banking products (e.g. lending, asset finance) and distribution channels, commercial acumen and perspective
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.