|Job Type:||Full Time|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Werribee Mother Baby Unit (MBU) treats Perinatal Mental Illness and has a focus on strengthening parenting capacity by optimising the Mother-Infant attachment relationship. The MBU is a 6 bed 6 cot inpatient Perinatal Mental Health Unit on the grounds of the Werribee Mercy Hospital campus. The multidisciplinary treating team members include psychiatrist, psychiatric registrar, psychologist, maternal and child health nurse, Clinical Nurse Specialist, postgraduate level nursing staff, dietician, Nurse Unit Manager and other liaising clinicians.
- Permanent Full time position - 1.0 EFT
- Located a Werribee Mercy Hospital, Mercy Mental Health, Mother Baby Unit
- Provide care to mothers with their babies in a therapeutic setting working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Provide quality client-focused care to the patient, their family and carers utilising a holistic approach
- Play an integral role in a multi-disciplinary team providing highly responsive and flexible service to consumers and carers
- This role requires shift work
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA, with Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing or equivalent
- Genuine interest in all aspects of mother, infant and family care
- Proven ability to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working as a nurse in a mental health setting including either Adult Mental Health, Perinatal Mental Health, or Infant Mental Health
Mercy Mental Health is a public area mental health service, we support people in south west metropolitan Melbourne with severe and complex mental illnesses by providing acute and community-based care. Services are available to adults through acute inpatient programs, residential rehabilitation programs and crisis and community recovery-focused treatment programs. We also offer inpatient and community specialist perinatal mental health services to women and infants in western Victoria.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Onsite car parking
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and valued. Mercy Health encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Angela Chalmers / Kristina Tarle, Nurse Unit Manager - Mother Baby Unit, (03) 8754 3651
Quote Ref No: MMH 125
Applications Close: Thursday, 6 December 2018