|Job Type:||Full Time|
An exciting opportunity is available for a lawyer with financial services law experience to join a dynamic compliance team in a leading retail bank. The position is responsible for ensuring that a robust compliance incident and issue management framework is maintained across all products and distribution channels.
You will provide expert guidance and advice to our business partners relating to the assessment and remediation of compliance incidents and issues, ensuring a strong ethics-based approach with our customers’ interests at the centre of our decisions.
You will communicate clearly with people at all levels of the organisation, and confidently review and challenge where required. Excellent stakeholder skills are a pre-requisite for this role as is the ability to work autonomously.
- Conduct regulatory impact assessments for compliance incidents and issues
- Prepare briefs for the legal team for potentially significant matters
- Advise Line 1 product and channel teams on customer remediation requirements
- Maintain the retail bank breach register to the highest quality standards
- Perform Line 2 review and challenge over incident and issue closure
Your qualifications, skills and experience:
- A law degree with working knowledge of financial services laws
- Compliance experience ideally in a retail banking environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information in plain English
- Superior stakeholder management skills, including the ability to influence others to make sound ethics-based business decisions
We are keen to speak to self-starters who enjoy working autonomously and as part of a team with exceptional time management and organisational skills.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.