|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Our OperationsOne of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.This position based at Olympic Dam, on an 8/6 roster with FIFO from Adelaide or residential options available.We are currently inviting applications for the role of Superintendent Production Tailings Retention System (TRS). Reporting to the Manager Surface Production you will lead a team across the TRS associated equipment and infrastructure overseeing compliance to the weekly production schedule, work instructions and defined processes to achieve optimal safety, production and cost outcomes for the TRS. While leading a small team, the focus will be on working with several stakeholders to execute construction projects, including a new tailings facility. In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team
- Guide field leadership and coaching of Supervisors to lift the standard of engagement, housekeeping and improving the safety culture
- Manage work teams with an agenda to create a diverse and inclusive culture
- Apply Visual Workplace and 5s methodologies
- Work well with diverse stakeholders including contractors, project, construction, environmental and design engineers
- Drive quality investigations in Safety incidents (ICAM) and Process Variation (RCA)
- Focus and coach team members of Process Safety and improve process safety outcomes.
- Integrate with maintenance and other key stakeholders to ensure effective, proactively planned maintenance
- Drive operational discipline to execute week zero plan
- Prepare manage and review operating budgets for your area as well as monitor against monthly cost drivers
- Share knowledge, contacts and expertise with your team and other departments to enhance the employee experience across operations at Olympic Dam
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- Tertiary qualifications in a technical field related to TRS, combined with leadership or management qualifications are preferred, but not essential
- Several years of experience with Tailings Facilities either in construction of tailings dams, operation of tailings dams, or consulting on design and compliance of tailings dams (essential)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels and disciplines
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy skills
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.