|Job Type:||Full Time|
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
Our purpose is to enhance our clients’ success through market-leading capabilities and unique insights. It’s part of our DNA.
Markets is a department of IB&M and is responsible for all of the Group’s activities in interest rate, bond, foreign exchange, credit, debt and commodity trading. This covers both physical and derivative markets; and Operational support function for Global Markets as well as other IB&M Departments.
Debt Markets (within Markets) comprises Loan Market Syndications (LMS), Debt Capital Markets (DCM), Debt Market Securitisation (DMS) and Agency, and brings together the expertise relevant to assisting our clients with the structuring, arranging, underwriting and distribution external to Commonwealth Bank.
Your impact & contribution:
The position supports Debt Markets Securitisation in sourcing opportunities to provide market-leading funding solutions to clients and managing existing portfolios by providing quantitative and structuring capabilities.
- Provide sound asset analysis and cash flow modelling capabilities across a range of asset classes for warehouse facilities and capital market transactions.
- Maintain databases on market transactions and using these provide appropriate market analysis where required
- Proactively seek out opportunities to leverage data and information to provide more efficient business outcomes and enhanced transaction execution capability and insights
- Assist with documentation associated with debt issuance including legal and marketing materials.
- Work in conjunction with senior debt originations staff in the identification and execution of debt securitisation transactions, including warehouse and term deals for our current and prospective clients.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders including relationship managers, syndicate, trading, fixed income sales, Risk and research to provide superior level of engagement with clients.
- Contribute substantially to the DMS team in achieving its objectives of client service, revenue generation and superior reputation as an arranger & lead manager in the debt markets.
- Ensure all regulatory and risk requirements are continually met.
Your experience and qualifications:
- Ideally 2-3 years professional experience in securitisation, other debt markets businesses or similar
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Strong Excel/Access/VBA skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Work experience that demonstrates a problem-solving ability and the application of quantitative information to commercial settings
- Effective communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Proven experience to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Degree in finance, or related field, and experience in finance and/or banking roles in a large organisation.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Please apply online to be considered for this role. Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won’t leave you hanging. Our advertising closes Sunday 9th December 2018 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!