|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Description – Incentives & Innovation – Consultant
- Flexible work options - work smarter in a way that suits your lifestyle
- Dynamic team working across challenging and varied engagements
- International team environment
At PwC, we help Australian businesses, not-for-profits and governments create value and improve the way they work. From improving healthcare, to creating smarter cities and igniting Australia’s start up industry, you’ll build trust in society and solve important problems.
Our Incentives & Innovation group presently seeks a Consultant to provide outstanding compliance and consulting support to clients across key parts of their operations.
The Innovation & Incentives team is made up of staff from a variety of backgrounds and provides specialist tax advisory services to global and local companies across all sectors, enabling them to maximise their Research & Development Tax Incentive claims in accordance with the requirements of regulators such as AusIndustry and the ATO. This team is at the forefront of the innovation and technology ecosystems as they help start-up’s, private business and large corporates execute on their innovation and R&D agendas to deliver new products and services to market.
The primary responsibility of a Consultant within the Incentives & Innovation team is to assist this high performing team with meeting the day to day needs of our clients, and to contribute to the efficient operations of the group across a portfolio of your own clients. Note we will consider applicants from a range of different study backgrounds (i.e. accounting, law, business, science, engineering, software etc).
Some of the tasks you would be expected to undertake include:
- Attending scoping interviews (with a more senior staff member) to identify and scope eligible R&D projects and the related expenditure;
- Preparation of R&D Tax Incentive deliverables based on the above, including technical summaries and cost breakdowns;
- Research into government grants and assistance with preparation of applications for these;
- Researching innovation and technology trends in various fields to assess the claims made by your clients
- Engaging directly with technical and finance staff from a range of clients;
- Review of relevant tax legislation and case law;
- Assistance with the team’s business development initiatives;
- Development of internal (within PwC) and external (outside of PwC) networks;
- Contribute to and participate in training sessions;
Education / Qualifications
- Completed tertiary qualifications in Business/Commerce, Law, Science, Engineering or a related field;
- Industry experience in an accounting, tax, finance or technical role (preferred);
- Experience at another professional service firm in a similar role (preferred);
- Willingness to undertake further training in accounting/tax if required.
Experience / skills / knowledge
- Ability to work closely with clients and to develop relationships both internally and externally;
- Ability to apply a learner mindset and to think laterally;
- Well organised with sound time management abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills (strong technical writing skills are preferred); and
- Good comprehension, analytical and mathematical skills.
Sound like you? Read on.
What we offer
Working for Australia’s largest professional services firm you’ll join a global network spanning 157 countries that delivers meaningful outcomes for a wide range of clients.
Our culture and benefits are why we’re LinkedIn’s number one Australian workplace. With state of the art offices and premium technology, each person has access to flexible work options. The dress policy is flexible too – you choose what you wear based on the work you do with your team and clients.
Fostering an inclusive culture and embracing differences is at the core of everything we do. PwC empowers you to be yourself and work with people from many backgrounds to achieve things never thought possible. Get involved in our employee-led diversity networks (cultural, disability, LGBTI or gender equality) and benefit from our best-in-class policies such as 18 weeks maternity/paternity leave, flexible work and gender equity.
Up for a challenge? We’re committed to helping our people unleash their potential. Hard work doesn’t go unrewarded and industry best coaching, mentoring, training and development are ready and waiting. If you hold a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-minded, talented and driven individuals who strive to do the same, apply now.
Olivia Tuntler is the Recruitment Manager for the role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all.