|Job Type:||Part Time|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Patient Access and Workforce Team (PAW) requires an enthusiastic, motivated person to provide staffing allocations support to the PAW coordinators/After hours Coordinators.
In this role, your main responsibilities will include; assisting with nursing and midwifery staff allocation to ward areas, computer data inputting and effectively providing administrative and clerical support to the area.
This role will require the successful applicant to be rostered for weekday afternoon shifts x2 (4hrs) and weekend shifts 8hrs x1.
Qualities required for this role:
- Excellent computer skills,
- Knowledge of various computer systems and the willingness to learn new systems
- Excellent customer service skills with highly developed telephone techniques
- Well developed organisational skills
- A motivated and “can-do” attitude with the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Previous staffing allocation experience is desirable.
- Personal attributes will include excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to tactfully deal with staff and colleagues. You will be required to have a flexible and approachable manner, be a team player and work in line with the Mercy Values.
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion with a number of exciting capital projects currently underway, including an $85 million State Government funded redevelopment that will deliver a new critical care unit and take the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Linda Townsend via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8754 3209
Quote Ref No: WMH 253
Applications Close: Friday, 7 December 2018