|Job Type:||Part Time|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking a passionate Grade 3 Physiotherapist with neurological and/or vestibular experience to join the Community Based Rehabilitation service at Werribee Mercy Health Independence Program.
The Health Independence Program (HIP) at Werribee Mercy Hospital specialises in best practice in-centre and home based programs to help clients living within the Wyndham catchment improve their health and achieve their rehabilitation goals. HIP consists of five services, including Community Based Rehabilitation, specialist clinics: Falls and Balance and Continence, Residential InReach and Complex Care.
This position is based within the Community Based Rehabilitation team, working from our modern facility within the Werribee Mercy Hospital, with the potential to see clients in their own homes as required. You will be well supported by a dynamic team of allied health staff and specialist nurses, working Monday – Friday within flexible office hours.
- Permanent 0.6 EFT with the potential for additional hours becoming available in 2019.
- Deliver person-centred, goal directed rehabilitation services to clients with complex health needs
- Improve self-management skills of this client group
- Expertise in vestibular and neurological rehabilitation
- Familiarity with motivational interviewing techniques to help clients explore and resolve their uncertainty desirable
- Recognised Degree in Physiotherapy, current, full physiotherapy registration with AHPRA
- Current Victorian (or equivalent) Drivers Licence
- Strong, relevant clinical skills and experience in sub-acute/ community setting
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills,
- Experience and knowledge in the management of people with neurological and or vestibular needs
- Commitment to person-centred care and ability to adapt and learn quickly with an ability to work autonomously and flexibly within an inter-professional team
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. A recently completed significant expansion has led to a new intensive care unit and surgical and medical areas, taking the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Brigitte Grant, Manager Health Independence Program, 8754 3676 or email@example.com
Quote Ref No: WMH 252
Applications Close: Tuesday, 11 December 2018