|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are the trusted partner for Australia and New Zealand’s businesses and governments as they reinvent using cloud, AI and blockchain within a secure environment. Our clients succeed because of our world-leading researchers, engineers and designers and our deep industry expertise. We celebrate our diversity and unite in our passion for IBM. We are #anewIBM
The Advanced Customer Support team is seeking senior support engineers with strong technical backgrounds that enjoy solving problems and working with customers. As IBM Cloud’s technical support organization, qualified candidates will have a passion for helping customers with a determination to improve the overall client experience by quickly identifying and resolving problems. The Cloud Support Engineer role provides technical support to clients of our network infrastructure, compute, AI/cognitive, virtualization, data, and developer services. The role requires excellent collaboration with team members, other IT organizations, key stakeholders and business partners to meet the needs of the business as well as that of our customers**.**
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues reported by IBM Cloud customers
- Effectively communicate with customers and partners via phone, chat and case regarding technical issues
- Document and track customer cases from start to finish ensuring customer expectations are properly managed and that technical issues are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction
- Work with engineering, operations, and management to diagnose and resolve critical issues
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years experience working directly with customers
- 10+ years experience working in the cloud computing industry with a focus around networking virtualization, compute services, AI/cognitive, data, or application development.
- 10+ years experience troubleshooting complex issues using problem determination best practices
- 10+ years leading and mentoring teams
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Expert level experience in one or more of these specialized areas:
- Expert level industry and vendor certifications
- Network protocols/technologies: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), IPv4/6, Internet Protocol Security (IPSec VPN), Server Load Balancing, LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol), 10GigE & 100GigE, Dark fiber / DWDM systems
- Virtualization products such as VMWare, Citrix XenServer, Hyper-V, etc.
- Cognitive/AI concepts such as Natural Language Processing (NLP), Dialog, Entity/Intent Management, Machine Learning Annotators, Deep QA, Ingestion, Structured/Unstructured Lookups
- Provisioning, storage concepts, operating systems, Web servers, Web hosting control panels, system administration
- Cloud-based software development using technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, and various runtimes
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.