|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Work on the conception and growth of PwC’s next venture
- Create new value through shaping and investing in new tech-platform to be created by PwC
Within PwC’s Ventures team, we invest in and grow new businesses, by identifying meaningful problems for our clients that can be solved through technology. We identify a clear path to leverage the firms’ client network, brand and capabilities in order to unlock growth for the businesses we back.
PwC defines a venture as a technology-based product or solution that complements our brand, purpose and services, creating new value for our firm and our clients.
APAC Ventures is the new construct of ventures for Asia-Pacific and represents 12 countries across the region collaborating on ventures by leveraging existing regional capabilities and providing ease of access to new markets.
APAC Ventures’ goal is to build tech-platforms to be licensed to clients alongside our traditional services.
Join the team redefining your expectations of a big firm, at LinkedIn’s number one place to work.
About the role
Part of the APAC Ventures team based in Melbourne, you will be given the opportunity to manage the Asia-Pacific Investment Opportunity Pipeline, and support the Ventures Investment Committee that makes decisions to invest in new businesses on behalf of the firm.
- Proactively analyse the market to identify problems worth solving and potential areas where Ventures could invest
- Conduct analysis on potential opportunities, to understand their potential and how we can grow / accelerate the opportunity for the firm
- Prioritise a pipeline of opportunities from the above sourced to materially invest in technology platform development
- Create supporting documentation, financial models and market research to support potential opportunities
- Monitor the market and competitors to understand how other professional services firms are participating in Corporate Venturing
- Manage the pipeline to a monthly Investment Committee cycle
- Develop market and competitive analysis for selected cases
- Finalise investment cases for the committee on the business case and how we can differentially help the business succeed
- Document and communicate outcomes to various stakeholders
- Monitor investment budget
- Track the venture portfolio and monitor progress against agreed milestones
- Publish a monthly newsletter update
- Degree qualified (ideally within Business, Finance or similar)
- An entrepreneurial mindset to quickly drive value in our venture portfolio
- 5+ years’ experience in a Venture Capital, Private Equity, Strategy role (or similar)
- Experience working with senior stakeholders to investigate new investment opportunities
- Leadership capability to manage the Ventures Investment Committee agenda and process
- Ability to quickly size up opportunities and understand the most important assumptions to test
- Collaboration skills to develop opportunities across the broader context of the firm
- Ability to conduct market and competitor analysis to identify markets for proposed ventures including;
- Market sizing and market dynamics
- Competitor analysis and sustainability
- Strategic analysis to frame the evolution of markets / disrupted industries
- Technology enablers
- Desire to build strong, caring and fun relationships within our team
- Aptitude to make complex concepts simple and easy to digest
- Have an open mind to reimagine what is possible
- Motivated by personal growth and accountability
Working for Australia’s largest professional services firm you’ll join a global network spanning 157 countries that delivers meaningful outcomes for a wide range of clients.
Our culture and benefits are why we’re LinkedIn’s number one Australian workplace. With state of the art offices and premium technology, each person has access to flexible work options. The dress policy is flexible too – you choose what you wear based on the work you do with your team and clients.
Fostering an inclusive culture and embracing differences is at the core of everything we do. PwC empowers you to be yourself and work with people from many backgrounds to achieve things never thought possible. Get involved in our employee-led diversity networks (cultural, disability, LGBTI or gender equality) and benefit from our best-in-class policies such as 18 weeks maternity/paternity leave, flexible work and gender equity.
Up for a challenge? We’re committed to helping our people unleash their potential. Hard work doesn’t go unrewarded and industry best coaching, mentoring, training and development are ready and waiting. If you hold a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-minded, talented and driven individuals who strive to do the same, apply now.
PwC is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Our Reconciliation Action Plan sets out our commitment to increase Indigenous employment. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
*Sam Thomas*is the Recruitment Manager for the role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all.