|Job Type:||Full Time|
Keen to work on world-changing projects and ground-breaking technologies in one of IBM’s highest performing teams? This is your chance to kick-start your career with one of the largest technology companies in the world. You'll be part of an exceptional team of engineers engaged in developing open-source software for the most powerful enterprise and high-performance computation machines ever developed (including the world’s fastest supercomputers), as a member of the IBM Australia Development Laboratory (ADL) – http://ibm.com/au/adl
As an Open-Source Software Engineer, you’ll be engaged across all phases of the product lifecycle - contributing to the design, implementation, testing and support of IBM’s open-source software. Working in small, dynamic teams, you’ll work on end-to-end product development at a global scale.
What you’ll be doing
As the newest Software Engineer to join the ADL Open-Source team, you’ll:
- Contribute to the design, development, implementation, testing and support of IBM’s open-source firmware, Linux operating systems, and PowerKVM virtualisation software
- Identify/deploy new features to extend and improve IBM’s product offerings
- Design and build innovative automated test systems
- Assist in fixing defects, writing project documentation, diagnosing and resolving client problems, and developing code components
- Learn the necessary professional, technical and personal management skills to function effectively in an IT business environment
- Be supported and mentored by your team to realise your potential and achieve career success.
To be a success you’ll have a passion for developing and delivering innovative software solutions. An exceptional ability to communicate clearly. A desire to work in a high performing team and collaboration environment, but the ability to work independently. Demonstrable focus on effective analytical abilities, as well as logical and problem-solving skills.
- A degree completed within the last 4 years, with strong academic results, in one of the following disciplines: computer science, signal processing, operating systems, electrical engineering or low-level software engineering.
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience in C, Python, or similar programming
- Experience working with open source software projects and/or repositories
- The ability to live and work in Canberra for at least 1 full year from commencement, and full working rights within Australia.
‘THINK’ has been our slogan since 1911, and now it’s time for you to do so, then act…… if you’re ready to start your next challenge click the applybutton now. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Linux, and programming languages such as C and Python.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Some professional experience in a similar position would be an advantage.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.