|Job Type:||Full Time|
- An exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge verification engineering with real-world impact
- Use your skills to contribute to improved proof automation
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a proof engineer to work alongside our world-leading scientists within our Trustworthy Systems group.
In this role you will assist with the development and maintenance of world renowned seL4 formal models, proofs and their automation.
Our highly international team is located on the UNSW campus, close to the beautiful beaches of sunny Sydney, Australia, one of the world's most liveable cities
Your duties will include
- Develop, maintain, and improve formal models and proofs using theorem proving technology such as Isabelle/HOL and HOL4.
- Design and implement new approaches to formal modelling and proof, seeking opportunities to improve the way we construct robust, clear, and re-usable formal models, theorems, and other artefacts.
- Collaborate with systems engineers to effectively target formal models to specific systems and hardware.
*CSOF3 - AU$73,344 - AU$79,741 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*****CSOF4 – AU$82,450 – AU$93,280 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Specified term of 2 years
*NB: This position is offered across two levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate
To be successful you will need
- Relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar
- Programming experience, ideally in functional languages such as ML/Haskell.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to anticipate the interests and knowledge level of an audience and present information and feedback accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to understand current research in computer science.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
17 December 2018