There is an exciting opportunity to join the medical leadership team at one of the fastest growing area mental health services in metropolitan Melbourne.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Mercy Mental Health, a provider of Adult Mental Health services in the southwest metropolitan area of Melbourne, is seeking an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist to join our leadership team. We are looking for someone to bring strong and dynamic clinical leadership to our Recovery Services Program with a view to expand and enhance current community services.
This is a full time dual role based at Saltwater Clinic in Footscray with 0.7 clinical component and 0.3 medical leadership role. The Consultant Psychiatrist/Deputy Clinical Services Director (Recovery) will be expected to work in a collaborative role with the Recovery Services Manager and Clinical Services Director in fulfilling the role. Consultant Psychiatrist/Deputy Clinical Services Director (Recovery) will also work in conjunction with our Director of Training in establishing an accredited psychiatry training program.
Recovery Services comprise of two community mental health clinics and 30 residential rehabilitation beds (Community Care Unit and Prevention and Recovery Care).
- Based at our Saltwater Clinic in Footscray
- Train medical students from the University of Notre Dame
- Participate in program leadership
- Share your leadership experience and skills in developing community services
- Full time, fixed term 12 month contract (to be extended by mutual agreement)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists or equivalent
- Specialist Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- You will have well-developed leadership skills and experience in leading a team within a Recovery Orientated Mental Health Services framework.
- Prior experience in a medical leadership role in the Public Mental Health Service system will be of benefit
Appointment will be subject to the preferred applicant providing credentialing documentation as required by the Department of Health and Human Services policy "Credentialing and Defining the Scope of Clinical Practice for Medical Practitioners in Victorian Health Services (2011)".
Mercy Mental Health is a division of Mercy Health and provides a comprehensive range of psychiatric adult services to the cities of Maribyrnong, Wyndham and Hobson's Bay. Clinical care is provided via 2 acute in–patient units, a residential community care unit, a crisis assessment and treatment team, a prevention & recovery care unit and integrated community mental health teams. Acute Psychiatric support is provided in the emergency departments at the Werribee Mercy Hospital and the Footscray Hospital. Mercy provides perinatal psychiatric services at Werribee Mercy Hospital and Mercy Hospital for Women.
Mercy Health is a diverse, award-winning national health and aged care provider employing 8,500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care. As a WGEA Employer of Choice, we offer excellent in-house salary packaging benefits and professional development opportunities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and valued. Mercy Health encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check, Working with Children Check and valid drivers licence.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: A/Prof Dean Stevenson, Clinical Services Director, Mental Health Services (03) 9928 7483 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote Ref No: MMH 122
Applications Close: Sunday, 9 December 2018