|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Flexible work options - work smarter in a way that suits your lifestyle
- Lead teams on projects with ASX clients
- 18 weeks Parental Leave
Join PwC as a Senior Manager within our Technology Risk team and foster relationships with clients and help them to strengthen their risk profile by improving internal controls.
The insight and independent assurance PwC brings provides an invaluable safeguard in today's complex operating environment. We work with our clients in their boardrooms and their back offices, delivering technology controls to help them to protect and strengthen every aspect of their business from people to performance, systems to strategy, business plans to business resilience.
As a PwC Technology Risk team member, you will be working in vibrant and innovative teams helping senior client stakeholders to make a difference in their organisation. We value team members who bring all of themselves to work and advocate diversity in the workplace - this keeps coming to work every day inspiring and exciting. Our working hours and what we wear to work are not fixed, we flex to meet our personal commitments and the needs of our clients. We focus on our individual strengths, partnering team members with inspirational senior mentors and are fully transparent on career progression opportunities.
We are a very social team that fosters camaraderie and gives established team members the opportunity to go on secondments within Australia or around the world and immerse themselves in diverse cultures. You will be embraced by our team and sought out by our clients when you bring your energy, passion and technical skills to the Technology Risk team in Sydney.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex technology issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with senior client stakeholders to optimise their technology control activities, their technology / organisational strategy, and policies and procedures.
- Lead and oversee in-depth assessments leveraging various technical Information Technology controls (e.g. databases, operating systems, data warehouses, and reporting tools), automated controls and system-generated reports, in order to help our clients achieve optimal operational efficiency.
- Own a portfolio of diverse, high-profile clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Lead and drive business development activities to identify opportunities on new/existing clients
- Meaningfully contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Manage and deliver large projects
- Train, coach, mentor and supervise staff
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
The brief is simple...
You have a solid background in technology risk and audit and are capable of leading discussions on IT controls, risks and technology direction and as a result of building strong client relationships. You're passionate about seeking new ways to add value to your clients.
You thrive in a collaborative and innovative culture and want to join a firm that values problem solvers, the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and key stakeholders.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Have 7-10 years of experience in IT controls auditing, consulting and/or implementing IT controls solutions
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of risks, processes and controls related to financial reporting, both manual and Technology, across various industry sectors;
- Leading IT related controls assurance or controls readiness projects associated with external audits (e.g. IT general control reviews, automated controls, system-generated reports), internal audits and service organisation controls reports (e.g. SOC1, SOC2);
- Demonstrates advanced project management skills related to IT audit projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules;
- Familiar with a number of technology platforms which may include: Oracle, SAP, Oracle Database, virtualisation, UNIX, Linux, and security technologies;
- CISA qualification will be highly regarded, as well as CA/CPA qualifications
- Collaborate with senior client stakeholders on projects as well as leading the planning and execution of projects;
- Recommend improvements to client control environments which are pragmatic, scalable and contemporary;
- Managing and coaching staff as they perform assessments to evaluate controls, security, SOD, and execute audit procedures.
- Well-versed in industry accepted frameworks such as: COSO, CoBIT, ITIL, etc.
- Understanding a client's business and technology in order to assist in the identification and pursuit of additional service opportunities
- Previous professional services experience highly regarded.
In addition, your colleagues can vouch that you:
- Act with integrity and show care for the people you work with
- Are passionate about building and maintaining client relationships
- Maintain a proactive approach in managing engagements and seeking ways to add value to your clients
- Value managing and mentoring junior staff
- Have a positive "can do" attitude to challenges and the agility to multitask effectively across competing priorities
- Genuinely engage and influence client conversations
Sound like you? Read on.
What we offer
Working for Australia’s largest professional services firm you’ll join a global network spanning 157 countries that delivers meaningful outcomes for a wide range of clients.
Our culture and benefits are why we’re LinkedIn’s number one Australian workplace. With state of the art offices and premium technology, each person has access to flexible work options. The dress policy is flexible too – you choose what you wear based on the work you do with your team and clients.
Fostering an inclusive culture and embracing differences is at the core of everything we do. PwC empowers you to be yourself and work with people from many backgrounds to achieve things never thought possible. Get involved in our employee-led diversity networks (cultural, disability, LGBTI or gender equality) and benefit from our best-in-class policies such as 18 weeks maternity/paternity leave, flexible work and gender equity.
Up for a challenge? We’re committed to helping our people unleash their potential. Hard work doesn’t go unrewarded and industry best coaching, mentoring, training and development are ready and waiting. If you hold a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-minded, talented and driven individuals who strive to do the same, apply now.
Eliza Wearn is the Recruitment Manager for the role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all. #LI-PWCLMT