|Job Type:||Full Time|
Data Strategy Consultant - Melbourne
IBM is a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company, and everything we do is now focused on that. Those are not two separate things. They are one coin with two different sides," said Ginni Rometty, Chairman of the Board of Directors, President and CEO of IBM.
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyse and engage.
As we tackle the world’s biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, and we are looking for talented people to be part of this transformation.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development.
With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We out think ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
As a Data Strategy Consultant for IBM, you will have the unique opportunity to bring these elements together and enhance the value that we bring clients.
In this position, you will work directly with internal IBM Partners and external clients to determine their business issues and recommend information management solutions that drive business value.
You will use your consulting skills, analytical expertise, and business knowledge to determine business objectives, as well as processes, measurements and appropriate tools for formulating hypotheses and testing conclusions that result in the best solution for business needs.
What will I be doing?
- Lead Data solutioning, consulting, architecture and delivery engagements across industry sectors
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities in Strategy and Architecture on complex engagements in global environments
- Formulate a strategic vision and a tactical roadmap to address client's critical Data requirements in conformance with overall corporate objectives
- Serve as a subject matter expert available to accelerate sales and delivery in high growth analytics areas
- Champion the use of data, cognitive and analytics to realize strategic insights to help drive cross-business unit initiatives focused primarily on revenues generation, effectiveness and efficiencies.
- A robust information architecture is a foundational capability to any analytics / AI program and this role will require strong linkage to the wider Advanced Analytics, AI and Cognitive teams.
What skills will I need?
- Solid background in data and analytics space
- Ability to size and develop / validate physical architecture of data platform
- Working knowledge in business strategy and research
- Ability to lead in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Proven track record in pre-sales, consulting, architecture, solutioning and implementation
What experience will I need?
- Should have 12-15+ years of IT working experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in Complex Architecture, Strategy Consulting and Big Data Architecture work, Information Governance
- Experience in developing Enterprise Information Architecture
- Experience in developing Data Lake / Modern Data Platform Solutions
- Experience in Data Governance and Data Strategy work
- Experience in developing architectures with open source tools and technologies for Big Data
- Experience with Major Hadoop distributions - Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR or Cloud based Hadoop distributions AWS EMR, Azure HDInsight
- Experience in SQL, Spark, Python and Scala
- Good understanding and experience with the traditional DW architecture solutions
- Experience in implementing use cases for Hadoop - DW Augmentation and Data Exploration
- Experience and knowledge of traditional DW database platforms – DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Netezza and Teradata
- Ability to travel extensively, at short notices and perhaps extended time periods
- Must have self-drive to lead initiatives and multitask
- Permanent residency to live and work in Australia
Ready to join us?
To be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and leaders - people who want to make an impact, share their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals. Keep reading.
Sign Me Up!
If you tick these boxes and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.