|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Flexible work options - work smarter in a way that suits your lifestyle.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave (for mums, dads & foster carers), with no minimum service
- Opportunity to take ownership of a key engagement for a major Federal Government Client
Join PwC’s Managed Services team as a junior costing specialist and foster relationships with one of our key clients.
At PwC, we help Australian businesses, not-for-profits and governments create value and improve the way they work. From improving healthcare, to creating smarter cities and igniting Australia’s start up industry, you’ll build trust in society and solve important problems.
The Defence Managed Services team bring this to life by working side by side with our key defence clients. The team are typically client facing, across an array of programs and
Technologies within the MSP consortium.
As the sole costing specialist within the team, your impact will be seen through providing support to our Defence clients in Cost Analysis/Estimating. You will also be a
key driver in leading client projects and will take ownership of client stakeholder relationships.
Success does stem from a positive attitude, hard work and going the extra mile, but that’s not all!
- Deliver costing expertise to key clients within the Defence Group
- Anticipate client needs and deliver high-quality, differentiated services as part of integrated PwC delivery teams
- Ensure a high standard of financial management products across project deliverables
- Own and build relationships within specific areas of Defence, demonstrating the value of PwC Managed Services
The brief is simple...
You have a solid background in cost modelling and cost estimation, including the development of robust business cases and are capable of performing cost estimates for milestone reviews, gate reviews, analysis of alternatives, cost research, and government funding submissions (defence is desirable). You’re passionate about numbers, analysis of data and are detail oriented. You thrive in a collaborative and innovative culture and want to join a firm that values problem solvers, the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and key stakeholders. You are an Australian Citizen and can hold an NV1 clearance at a minimum.
Your colleagues can vouch that you:
- Act with integrity and show care for the people you work with
- Demonstrate an ability to participate actively in client discussions
- Show potential to solve unique and complex analytical problems
- Are able to work concisely, maintaining high level of accuracy while allowing for flexibility around unanticipated issues
Sound like you? Read on.
What we offer
Working for Australia’s largest professional services firm you’ll join a global network spanning 157 countries that delivers meaningful outcomes for a wide range of clients.
Our culture and benefits are why we’re LinkedIn’s number one Australian workplace. With state of the art offices and premium technology, each person has access to flexible work options. The dress policy is flexible too – you choose what you wear based on the work you do with your team and clients.
Fostering an inclusive culture and embracing differences is at the core of everything we do. PwC empowers you to be yourself and work with people from many backgrounds to achieve things never thought possible. Get involved in our employee-led diversity networks (cultural, disability, LGBTI or gender equality) and benefit from our best-in-class policies such as 18 weeks maternity/paternity leave, flexible work and gender equity.
Up for a challenge? We’re committed to helping our people unleash their potential. Hard work doesn’t go unrewarded and industry best coaching, mentoring, training and development are ready and waiting. If you hold a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-minded, talented and driven individuals who strive to do the same*, apply now*.
PwC is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Our Reconciliation Action Plan sets out our commitment to increase Indigenous employment. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
Becky Smaill is the Recruitment Manager for the role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all.