|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
The Thales Australia Maritime business offers ship repair services, maintenance and asset management / in-service support capabilities for commercial and naval ships in Australia. We are seeking a Planner & Scheduler to join our team to be responsible for developing and maintaining project schedules for ship maintenance and production periods.
- Liaise with project managers, supervisors, subcontractors, as well as planning and bids and estimating team to create and maintain valid and accurate bid and project schedules in Primavera.
- Advise the Project manager of scheduling / production issues that might impact on key schedule dates.
- Highlight areas of schedule and cost concern and identify potential actions for improving performance.
- Carry out analysis of project schedule and cost performance.
- Ensure data transfer, data coordination between various program management software systems to ensure capture of accurate performance data.
- Prepare regular reports and charts on project schedule progress and project performance.
- Formal qualification in area of Engineering, Project Management or Project Planning/Control, Understanding of naval/maritime projects, processes and procedures
- Experience in a ship building/repair or similar heavy engineering industry, and/or civil engineering field.
- Project planning & scheduling knowledge and experience using Primavera or similar specialist application required
- High degree of computer literacy
- Strong communication skills and collaborative working style
- Demonstrated numerical and analytical skills
- High degree of attention to detail (accuracy)
Showcase your skills, apply now and be part of something big.
- This role will require you to work with information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and you will need to be able to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
- Police and medical checks will be required for this role.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.