|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.In this Brisbane office based role, you will drive technical leadership for global delivery teams through coordinating the development of enterprise architecture technical standards and roadmaps. This incorporates the systems thinking and future digital strategies for designing, integrating and automating technology. You will also be required to further lead the engagement with global planning teams to represent the priority and integrity of these technical roadmaps within business investment decisions in all Technology including traditional information technology and operational. In this role you will also:
- Work with the Technology Leadership Team and other key stakeholders to translate the Technology Strategic Vision to lower-level detail, sufficient to create alignment across all Technology design and delivery activities
- Create technical design and strategic priorities to support planning prioritisation of financial investment decisions
- Provide architectural leadership across the global organisation by developing architectural models, roadmaps and integrated plans showing how technology initiatives are transforming and improving work across the global organisation
- Drive technical leadership for global delivery teams through coordinating the development of technical standards and roadmap, both from within the team and across other parts of Technology, specifically Cybersecurity, Production Systems Product Engineering, and Operations & Infrastructure architecture teams
- Describe our global organisation as an integrated system by developing formal models that encompass strategy, business value, capability, change, information and technology solution to anchor work across the Technology function
- Represent the priority and integrity of technical roadmaps within global Technology integrated planning sessions to assess the strategic technical alignment of portfolio initiatives
- Lead the design of portfolio programs to promote the consideration of technical design and delivery priorities (including product iteration management and autonomous delivery teams) when bundling initiatives for investment evaluation
- Support the preparation of the Technology 5-year planning guidance memos for executive Asset and Functions consumption to ensure that technical roadmap priorities that represent the technology strategic objectives and enablers are considered during the annual planning cycle
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Systems Thinking: Understanding and application of systems thinking concepts such as composition, boundaries, emergent systems properties and complexity and adaptability perspectives
- Enterprise Architecture & Planning: Models how changes are impacting systems of work - value, work, information, technology, change. Development of technology and integrated architecture roadmaps using a pattern based approach
- Enterprise Architecture domains: Deep experience across multiple technical domains, sufficient to guide, coordinate and consolidate to a single roadmap and set of standards
- Experience in using enterprise architecture as a transformative discipline
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.