|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader – It's possible to love a bank!
- Suits an experienced Data Analyst with Financial experience
- Newly created role in Newstead office with an opportunity to make a difference!
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia’s Most Loved Bank! BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
About the role
An opportunity has arisen to make a difference in a newly created role to join a high performing AML Operations team as an AML Data Analyst. Your role will be responsible for supporting the systems and data analytic requirements relating to all AML/CTF and Screening requirements for the wider team and working closely with the relevant stakeholders. Working with the Team Leader – Systems & Data Analytics (AML/CTF & Sanctions)**,**the primary focus will be contributing to the development, implementation and improvement of the bank’s rule-based monitoring systems and reporting framework, to gain efficiencies and improve data quality.
Your key responsibilities
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and support of the AML Operations systems and data integrity
- Develop appropriate process and system documentation.
- Formalise and implement data verification and testing methods for the data environment.
- Interface with other parts of the team and wider business to gather requirements.
- Define data element requirements including history, timeliness and frequency of data.
- Contribute to process improvement, best practices and standards.
- Contribute to data governance processes and procedures, including business rule definition and documentation.
The successful candidate will have an extensive understanding of data analysis with the drive to actively solve problems by asking the right questions, gathering data from multiple sources and bringing it together for analysis and presentation. Working autonomously, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Financial services experience with an understanding of AML, CTF and Transaction Monitoring (desirable).
- Experience in relevant programming languages, particularly SQL (basic understanding desired; data extraction purposes)
- Microsoft Excel – Expert user
- Problem solvers with the ability to work without certainty and remain flexible
- Experience in gathering data from multiple sources to implement systems with controls in place
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role with a focus on data analytics and troubleshooting systems
About our Benefits:
- Discounted financial products
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Salary sacrificing options
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - MyCoach for Individuals and People Leaders
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply:
To apply for this role please follow the links, alternatively you can view the role on our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks