|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a 24 month contract role.
A once in a lifetime opportunity to help pave the way for Australia’s connected future. At nbn our people have a clear and shared purpose - to empower Australians to redefine the way they live, work and play into the future. As one of the Australia’s largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Australian history, you’ll be part of a team building a brighter future for the country.
We actively focus on our people having a fair go at reaching their career aspirations. We’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees, with a target of 33% of women in senior management by 2020. With initiatives like Women’s Leadership Programs, a commitment to equal pay, flexibility and market leading parental leave, we truly are paving the way for true equality in the workplace.
A bit about your role
Reporting to the Executive Manager – Technology Solutions and Roadmap FTTX Engineering, the Senior Architect – Access Network Platforms supports delivery of DSL and GPON access solutions within NBN Co‘s architecture portfolio of FTTx access network technologies.
The Access Network Platforms domain includes the access Network Elements and the Element Management platforms. The wholesale access services delivered over access network platforms will serve single-dwelling units and, multi-dwelling units and will provide a mixture of residential and business access products. The domain’s solutions need to be scalable and cost effective across the entire NBN Co coverage area.
The Senior Architect – Access Network Platforms is responsible for the technology planning, stakeholder management, architecture and platform management, process support, configuration and ongoing evolution of the DSL and GPON access platforms delivering NBN Co’s wholesale products, including the design and configuration applied to NBNCo DSLAMs and OLTs, the development of processes to evolve these platforms across multiple programs of work and providing subject matter expert assistance to NBN Co’s test, products and network operations teams in applying and operating those designs.
As a subject matter expert across broadband access technologies including ADSL, ADSL2+, VDSL2 with vectoring, and xPON, the Senior Architect – Access Network Platforms is a significant contributor and mentor to the Access Network Platforms team and can act as a domain technical expert to the rest of the company. The Senior Architect is also deeply experienced with practical mass market broadband design and deployment issues. In order to perform this role, they participate in requirements management, solution design, integration testing, vendor engagement and problem tracking, leading these activities where necessary
You can contribute to:
**Technology Planning & Platform Management work:**Reviews product requirements and defines Access equipment technical requirements, develop use cases, configuration and design to achieve necessary features and behaviour of NBN Co’s wholesale open access service constructs.
- **FTTx network architecture:**Responsible for developing network reference architecture.
- **Lifecycle work & vendor engagement:**Manages long-term NBN Co requirements and appropriate feature requests / definitions with equipment vendor.
- **Engineering Professional Consultancy Services (EPCS):**Provides authoritative evaluations and advice on technical questions and issues. Analyses and resolves access platform issues that have not been resolved through NBN Co’s routine operations processes.
We offer a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility could look like for you.
A bit about you:
Your resume may demonstrate:
- Notable experience in architecture development, design, configuration testing and deployment of DSL and GPON access technology in a carrier environment.
- Some experience in supporting DSL and GPON access platforms, including both network and customer equipment and their element management applications, or equivalent.
- Delivered within solution development lifecycles, starting from the requirements and design, through to test and deployment.
- Sensitive to customer’s needs, with ability to develop warm Technology Vendor relationships, either as customer or supplier, working to specify and select appropriate network components and technologies.
- Experience operating, or supporting operation of, large-scale access networks.
- Have a good understanding of wholesale access service requirements & design.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present solution architecture and designs at audiences with different levels of technical ability.
Life at nbn
We move quickly. New opportunities present themselves all the time, which is why we encourage employee development through training and leadership programs.
In your personal career, you’ll benefit from technical training for professional development, leadership programs and access to the latest technology, as well as being led by a diverse executive team.
We are proud of our inclusive culture where diversity is welcomed. We encourage people of all backgrounds including people of all ages, women, people with a disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We provide a flexible, supportive workplace ensuring that all employees can have the opportunity to thrive.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)