|Job Type:||Full Time|
24 Month Max Term Contract
A unique opportunity to be a part of the Chief Technology Officer team which will work across a broad range of technology at nbn. The Solution Architect will be responsible for cost modelling technology architectures and processes, and supporting them to identify strategic decision.
A bit about your role
The Solution Architect contributes as part of a specialist team to identify, analyse and communicate prudent strategic technology architecture decisions and directions. You will be setting technology architecture objectives, proving the prudence of selected strategic directions and identifying and capturing resulting technology debt.
Reporting to the General Manager– Network & Service Architecture & Core, the position is responsible for:
- Cost modelling technology architectures & processes supporting them:
- To identify strategic decision points for setting technology architecture direction;
- To prove the prudence of selected strategic directions;
- To identify and capture technical debt.
- Innovating, developing and maintaining modelling tools, data sets and infrastructure that are required to explore, assess and estimate possible technology costs. This may include data sets on subjects such as network usage, traffic forecasts, capacity estimation, customer;
- Utilising appropriate visualisation tools to present complex data and communicate scenarios to non-technical audience;
- Integrating to an existing team of Subject Matter Expert by collaborating and supporting internal stakeholders on technology objectives;
- Being in tuned with new technology within the Telecommunciation industry and taking part in quality reviews of requirements, solution and key architecture decisions to ensure that they are in alignment with strategic directions;
We offer a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility could look like for you.
A bit about you
We are looking for an experienced financial modeler who is collaborative and intuitive to the changing pace of our industry. You may have had experience in architecture development, design, configuration testing and deploying the technology in a carrier environment, or you may be a BI specialist. Although most work is done on Excel, having experience on Tableau or similar visualisation tools will be highly regarded. Having experience within the Telecommunication industry is a preference, however, we’re also open to considering candidates with Business Intelligence experience within an IT practice.
Life at nbn
At nbn our people have a clear and shared purpose - to empower Australians to redefine the way they live, work and play into the future. As one of the Australia’s largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Australian history, you’ll be part of a team building a brighter future for the country.
In your personal career, you’ll benefit from technical training for professional development, leadership programs and access to the latest technology, as well as being led by a diverse executive team.
We are proud of our inclusive culture where diversity is welcomed. We encourage people of all backgrounds including people of all ages, women, people with a disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We provide a flexible, supportive workplace ensuring that all employees can have the opportunity to thrive.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)