|Job Type:||Full Time|
To ensure the successful operation and ongoing improvement of Oniqua’s( An IBM company) IT systems. Covering a number of key areas, including the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of internal IT infrastructure & systems, cloud infrastructure, development infrastructure and communications systems.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Design and work with the IT Operations team to deliver cost effective and fit for purpose cloud and internal infrastructure solutions designed to meet performance, cost, redundancy and SLA requirements.
- Plan and manage infrastructure migrations between cloud platforms and regions.
- Ensure existing infrastructure and systems meet performance, cost, redundancy and SLA requirements.
- Design backup and DR plans that are effective, documented, reviewed and tested on a regular basis.
- Assist and mentor IT Operations team members on internal support, required maintenance activities, projects and other tasks required to maintain or improve cloud and internal infrastructure
- Develop, implement and communicate any required infrastructure changes in a careful and deliberate manner to improve Oniqua’s internal and cloud systems including enhancing security, performance, simplicity and resiliency.
- Define processes & procedures for the ongoing maintenance of Oniqua’s internal and cloud systems maintaining adequate and accurate system documentation.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience and background:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Qualifications or professional certifications appropriate to an IT helpdesk or Systems Administrator role (e.g. CompTIA A+, AWS, MS certification).
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated extensive experience with IBM’s Softlayer cloud platform
- Demonstrated extensive experience with AWS technologies including EC2, ELB, S3, VPC, RDS.
- Strong general networking and network troubleshooting knowledge. Routing, VPN, network security, DNS.
- Strong systems administration knowledge. Windows, Linux, MSAD, Office 365, SAML SSO,
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.