|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities in operations and major projects. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where all team members feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and join BHP Minerals Australia Projects Group at the Olympic Dam, a safe, reliable, globally competitive business supported by motivated people. At Olympic Dam, we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play in safety and success.
It’s an exciting time to be at Olympic Dam! We exceeded 203 thousand tonnes of copper production, which is a record under BHP ownership. And, unlike other copper mines, Olympic Dam’s copper grade is increasing – so as we move into the Southern Mine Area, we’re accessing the 70% of the orebody that hasn’t been touched in the first 25 years of operation.
This grade opportunity provides options to increase production at Olympic Dam through low-risk, capital efficient underground development and optimisation of underground and surface infrastructure. So we’re looking for some truly exceptional candidates to study, and plan for future growth options to ensure Olympic Dam grows in a safe and sustainable way - delivering value for generations to come.
**About the role****As the Specialist Planner / Scheduler you will play an integral role in the provision of relevant information through your analysis of project data and information to key decision makers within the Olympic Dam Brownfields Expansion Project. Your contribution will ultimately assist in the success of the project to deliver increased Copper Production at Olympic Dam.
This is an Adelaide based role.
In this role you will:
- Produce analysed schedule data and reports supporting the Project Services Lead to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of the project’s objectives
- Oversee the implementation of 3rd party Project Services / Controls teams to ensure compliance with contractual requirements for Project Services processes, and to confirm teams are appropriately staffed with qualified resources
- Implements capability development plans to ensure appropriately skilled Project Services resources matched to underlying project scope
- Work to the priorities of a Principal Planner to ensure resources and third parties (Implementation Contractors, etc.) deliver high-quality outputs and analysis
- Collaborate with Supply and Project Contracts and Procurement teams to ensure appropriate Project Services requirements are included in all contracts, and functional interfaces are well managed (contract variation / Project Management of Change, claims, schedule integration, etc.)
- Completion of monthly performance reports
- Identify improvement initiatives, including programmatic opportunities for increased capital efficiency and productivity in the function and cross-functionally
- Lead provisioning of Project Services expertise as input to value improvement practices
- Lead and develop a culture of Zero Harm
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Experience in significant or major projects in a Project Scheduler capacity
- Experience in mining, minerals processing or heavy industry, ideally in a brownfields capacity
- Well-developed data analysis skills and the ability to interpret and provide commentary to key project decision makers to “tell the story”
- Proactive, forward thinking and laterally solution-focussed
- Expertise in Primavera P6 and competency in Excel and Word
- Experience in P6 data management and administration
- Collaborative and polished communication style
- High levels of engagement and a solution focussed, collaborative mind-set
- Leading by example; hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in “Safety Leadership”
How to apply
Please apply online before 18th October 2018
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team. Think Big! #LISAAt BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.**