Salary approximately $25.46 per hour + 9.5% (inclusive of 20% loading) plus Superannuation
Temporary Part Time Irregular* from 26 November 2018 to 31 March 2019 (with the possibility to extend)
*up to 38 hours per week across a 7 day roster (no set work pattern – flexibility requested)
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go toworking with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
Connect and engage with Melbourne's visitors in this exciting and fantastic entry level tourism opportunity.
**How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…**Gain valuable experience with the City of Melbourne!
Business and Tourism is offering two fantastic entry level employment opportunities for graduating/recently graduated tourism students.
The successful applicants will gain experience working in Business and Tourism’s dynamic visitor services – primarily at the new Melbourne Visitor Hub located at Town Hall, the Fitzroy Gardens Visitor Centre,Queen Victoria Market Visitor Hub and Cooks Cottage. This is a great opportunity to engage and connect visitors with the Melbourne experience, fulfilling an essential frontline tourism role during the busy time of year.
You will undertake various daily activities involved in the day to day customer service operations in accordance with the established Business and Tourism procedures and standards. The Student Tourism Officer is responsible for providing excellent customer service at all times, has capacity to work flexible shifts, ranging from 8.30am and up to 6.15pm. The ability to speak another language and experience in cash handling duties and point of sale procedures is desirable.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service
- The ability to work as part of a team and to use initiative to enhance the work of the team
- A passion for Melbourne, regional Victoria and the tourism industry
- Confident interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate clearly with people from diverse backgrounds
- Completed or near completion of a formal qualification in Tourism
- Capacity to work flexible shifts, ranging from 8.30am and up to 6.15pm (up to 0 to 38 hours per week across a 7 day roster).
- Ability to speak another language
- Proven ability to accurately perform cash handling duties and point of sale procedures
- Proven ability to deliver presentations to small groups.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume and a separate cover letter (no more than one page each)
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Anne Govic, (Acting) Tourism Operations Coordinator.
Please note, should you be successful progressing to interview stage, interviews will be held the week of 5 November 2018.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe workingenvironment that embraces and valueschild safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.