|Job Type:||Full Time|
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
The Maritime Domain of Thales Australia consists of a number of sites around Australia with approximately 680 employees. The Ship Repair Services (SRS) area of Maritime employs approximately 280 members of staff and provides ship repair and maintenance services to both commercial and naval vessels.
The Ship Repair Services (SRS) area of Maritime employs approximately 280 members of staff and provides ship repair and maintenance services to both commercial and naval vessels.
The purpose of the Project Administrator is to provide day to day administrative support to the SRS project team and project management office (PMO) as required. You will be exposed to a unique and diverse working environment based out of Garden Island, Sydney.
- Attending and preparing meeting agendas and minutes
- Set up ship availabilities projects in the IPESA and Trident Data Management tools Database
- Providing IPESA, Trident and T Form system support to the project team(s) in preparation for project availabilities
- Gather data, conduct data entry, maintain technical and administrative data within a range of engineering databases
- Providing assistance in the day to day activities of PMO activities as delegated by the Bids & Programme Manager.
- Sound knowledge of administrative processes including correspondence, file management, report writing and office administration.
- Some exposure to administration in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to deliver support training and management of databases.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office suite.
- Previous experience working in a Ship Repair & Maintenance environment is highly desirable
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication at all levels.
This role will require you to work with information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and you will need to be able to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.