|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Join WAIO safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At WAIO we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play. Come and be a part of this success.As a part of the HSE business partnership team, you will be an instrumental player in establishing and implementing aspects of the WAIO Occupational Hygiene Plans and 1SAP work strategies on site. You will identify, assess and advise on occupational hygiene, health and safety matters in the workplace that potentially impact human health from environmental and work related sources.In this role you will:
- Identify and assess occupational hygiene hazards including noise, gases, heat stress, asbestos, dust, biological and radiation along with ongoing audits and verification activities
- Provide specialist advice to line management on key occupational hygiene impacts and regulatory requirements
- Manage unexpected hygiene events including hazard assessment and recommendation of immediate corrective actions to prevent exposure
- Drive compliance and continuous improvement of WAIO respiratory protection and hearing conservation programs through fit testing, in-field PPE verifications and compliance reporting
- Regularly examine Medgate database to ensure quality of monitoring data and accurate reporting of results to stakeholders
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Degree qualified in Occupational Hygiene, Science, Applied Science or
Engineering relevant to occupational hygiene.
- Experience in occupational hygiene position, ideally with exposure to the Mining / Mineral Processing industries
- Radiation Safety Officer training or AIOH graded membership (above associate) advantageous
- Strong communication skills which allow effective engagement with all levels of management
- Attention to detail and the demonstrated ability to work with large amounts of data
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.