|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Based at our Broadmeadow Mine site this role will report to the Superintendent Site Operations and is offered on a full time basis with a 5/2 roster. As a Supervisor Site Operations you will be responsible for the care and maintenance of all site based technology and IT/OT Systems.
Our Technology function consists of Technology Partners who work closely with our Asset and Operation teams to drive improvement in safety, volume and cost through the application of world class Technology. Global teams leading innovation support our Partners, accelerating Technology delivery and driving functional excellence.
- Responsible for Technology resources onsite and ensuring your team works within the Safe Systems of Work, including safety, training and changing working environment;
- Work with Infrastructure, Communications and Application teams and vendors to ensure the effective management, running and maintenance of the Technology environment to support business operations including site process control systems, wireless networks and operational radio systems;
- Management of all site based Technology assets including deployment pool, spares, repairs and maintenance along with the required records and documentation to support compliance;
- Coordinates and manages Maintenance tasks to optimise the Technology environment and minimise impacts to business continuity;
- Manages and coordinates resources available on site to ensure incidents and events can be resolved in accordance with business priorities/expectations;
- Working with Technology Mines Principles, Project Managers and Engineers to facilitate site based project activities to ensure safe execution of work and minimal disruption to operations;
- Acts as the escalation contact for Technology site operations issues.You will be highly motivated, dynamic and an action orientated professional, who is motivated by exceeding expectations and able to use your relationship building and negotiation skills in order to influence others. You will have outstanding time management, negotiation and problem solving skills coupled with excellent communication skills.
The successful candidate will have an uncompromising commitment to safety, a strong desire to lead continuous improvement initiatives and a team-oriented attitude with a compelling drive to improve to reach great outcomes.
- Engineering or Information Technology degree qualification or a relevant Trade qualification;
- A background in Operational Technology, preferably in Mining;
- Familiarity with underground Coal Mining Operations, Process Control and Wireless Networks;
- A proven track record in Safety, Leadership/Supervision of teams in an operational environment;
- An ability to prioritise effectively and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Proactively build relationships with customers/partners;
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills;
- Desirable experience with SAP Work Management;
- An ability to interpret and read maintenance plans and technical information;
- Good analytical skills for high level of problem solving and sharing of solutions within the department;
- Valid Australian C class Driver’s License;
- Knowledge in Desktop, Windows 7 Enterprise support (desirable).At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.