|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Responsible for leading the delivery of key projects and programs within the Technology Infrastructure program of work. The program encompasses a range of initiatives across technology hosting facilities, wired and wireless networks and hosting environments, with the majority of projects focused at operational sites. These initiatives will realise BHP Billiton’s strategy to stabilise existing environments, reduce operational risks, improve service and reduce operational costs. Projects range from the minor upgrade of existing infrastructure systems to major replacement programs impacting all enterprise and production services at operational sites.
In this role you will:
- Lead and manage health and safety performance on assigned projects
- Lead and manage the delivery of assigned projects across scope, schedule, cost, quality and risk constraints
- Manage design, implementation, test and handover processes to ensure solutions are delivered in accordance with requirements and standards and are approved by the relevant design authorities and operational teams
- Develop implementation plans to satisfy change management processes (Business Management of Change and Technology Change and Release processes)
- Manage internal resources and vendor teams through design, implementation and transition to BAU phases. Provide support and mentorship to project team members
- Lead capital investment approval for initiatives moving through investment tollgates
- Produce and/or manage the delivery of all project documentation
- Provide periodic status reporting for all assigned projects covering scope, schedule, cost and risk
- Consult, manage and report to stakeholder groups including business owners and senior management
- Manage procurement and supply processes with BHP Supply in accordance with Group Supply processes
- Manage dependencies with other projects and BAU initiatives and plan the delivery of assigned projects taking into account internal and external constraints
- Manage project closeout activities including financial closeout
To be successful in this role, you will ideally be Degree qualified in science, technology, engineering or related discipline and have an industry recognised project management qualification such as Prince2 or PMP. In addition, an ITIL certification will be an advantage in this role. You will have outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and have the ability to deal with stakeholders across all organisational levels including senior management.
As the successful candidate, you will have minimum 5 years project and/or program experience covering the full lifecycle and of managing projects exceeding US $500,000. Technology infrastructure projects, site delivery and operational technology experience are highly desirable. You will be a confident team player who takes accountability for outcomes and possesses excellent forward planning skills.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.