|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Our OperationsOne of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2 roster, with residential or FIFO options available.Reporting to the Manager Surface Maintenance the Superintendent Maintenance Execution – Refinery will lead a team across plant, equipment and infrastructure, overseeing compliance to the weekly work schedule, work instructions and defined processes to achieve optimal safety and operational maintenance outcomes.In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team
- Guide field leadership and coaching of Supervisors to lift the standard of engagement, housekeeping and improving the safety culture
- Manage work teams with an agenda to create a diverse and inclusive culture
- Assist production areas to achieve targets through plant availability
- Be innovative in your approach with an agenda for continuous improvement
- Integrate with other key stakeholders to ensure the delivery of effective, proactively planned maintenance, as well as leading shutdowns
- Drive maintenance discipline with a focus on operational discipline and standardisation of work
- Prepare manage and review budgets for your area as well as monitor against monthly cost drivers
- Share knowledge, contacts and expertise with your team and other departments to enhance the employee experience across operations at Olympic Dam
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- Tertiary qualifications in a technical field combined with leadership or management qualifications will be advantageous
- Confidence in managing risks associated with industrial working environments
- Experience in a similar role, with a focus on engaging and leading a team
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels and disciplines
- Experience in large scale manufacturing environments with exposure to standardisation of work and lean principles will be highly regarded
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy skills
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.