ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Computer Clerk
- Casual (on call) working across all Mental Health Sites
- The role of computer clerk in a hospital Unit includes general clerical duties, reception and medical records administration including administration of Healthy E-Workforce, and various other databases.
- The position works a range of shifts, dependent on the needs of the team/unit in which it is based (e.g. rotating roster, weekday and weekend shifts) and requires flexibility and collaboration with team members
- The most suitable candidate will possess excellent communication skills, have a pleasant disposition to deal tactfully with patients, relatives and other staff members, have a proven track record of reliability (this is essential), available to work on short notice, be a team player and ready to assist others.
- A qualification in administrative management / systems is desirable
- Knowledge and experience of administrative office systems and procedures
- Experience in a relevant health service setting
- A commitment to delivery of culturally sensitive services and ability to speak a relevant community language would be an advantage
- Medical Terminology knowledge highly regarded
- Excellent communication skills
Mercy Mental Health supports people in south west metropolitan Melbourne with severe and complex mental illnesses by providing acute and community-based care. Services are available to adults through acute inpatient programs, residential rehabilitation programs and crisis and community recovery-focused treatment programs. We also offer inpatient and community specialist perinatal mental health services to women and infants in western Victoria.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Eve Wasiek, Administration Manager, 9928 7409 or email@example.com
Quote Ref No: MMH 111
Applications Close: Thursday, 18 October 2018