|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join BHP Mitsui Coal (BMC) as a Superintendent Logistics. In this Brisbane based role, you will be accountable for leading a small high performing team focused on managing supply chain logistics from modelling coal quality, creating processing plans, coordinating rail & port schedules, and interfacing with the asset marketing function.You will lead and manage commercial aspects and compliance of coal delivery. You will utilise your subject matter expertise, technical knowledge, and policies/procedures to enable the provision of efficient and effective logistics services, maximise resource utilisation, and ensure product quality optimisation.
**We are looking for a leader who will;
- Ensure the optimal use of Aurizon Network contracts and scheduled paths to minimize cost and Take or Pay exposure.
- Apply proficiency in complex analysis concepts including scenario modelling, evaluation, and cost-benefit analysis.
- Apply a detailed understanding of commercial terms in rail and port contracts to enable optimal use in delivering business requirements.
- Ensure accurate and updated planning assumptions are incorporated into periodic reporting documents, short-range forecasts and 5yr plans
- Provide strategic level business analysis and supporting commentary to the function.
- Cultivate positive relationships through effective communication and provides constructive feedback to coordinators and peers on a regular basis.
- Interact with and develop relationships with internal/external stakeholders to deliver coal quality/logistic/marketing requirements.
- Lead transformational change, implement initiatives, and assist codifying supply chain management.
The successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate capability for diverse thinking, perspectives, and mindsets. Due to the extensive level of site engagement required for this role, candidates would be expected to travel on a regular basis to site.
Your personality, capability, and practical experience will be embraced to drive a new level of Continuous Improvement performance. The team is waiting for you!
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.**