|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Our OperationsOne of Australia's largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 roster pattern roster arrangement.
An opportunity exists for a qualified Mechanical Fitter to work with at our Olympic Dam asset performing planned, unplanned and or breakdown maintenance activities within the Hydrometallurgy/Solvent Extraction (SX) plant of our surface operations.In this role you will:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Provide technical expertise within the team to facilitate planned, unplanned and or breakdown maintenance and preventative shut down maintenance
- Develop close working relationships with operations personnel to ensure that all plant downtime issues are escalated correctly and remedied promptly
- Provide continual feedback to the maintenance supervisor on job/task progress
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm's way
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels and functions
- Trade qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience working within an operational environment
- Ability to operate across multiple workfronts ensuring you maintain and clean and tidy workplace
- Understanding of Quality Assurance principles and associated systems and practices
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.