|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.An excellent opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and talented Heavy Mechanical Technician to join our site based Mobile Equipment Maintenance team on a fulltime basis. Your key role in our team will be ensuring we conduct safe and effective maintenance contributing to high mobile fleet availability and reliability. Do you have the ability to influence positive change through collaboration and teamwork? Mobile Equipment Maintenance are now looking for a number of highly skilled tradespeople to join our team. Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, within the Mobile Equipment Maintenance team your duties will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations;
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development;
- Working with the Supervisor to ensure collaboration with the Mining Production department in order to agree on a weekly maintenance schedule of work;
- Strong mobile equipment mechanical maintenance competency, with sound diagnostic abilities working on our large fleet of Caterpillar machines;
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Ensuring adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process;
- Complete Field Leadership activities as per KPI’s
As the successful, candidate you will possess the following:
- Capability in CAT SIS and our 1SAP maintenance systems;
- HRWL – Forklift, Dogging/Rigging, OHT Crane, EWP desirable
- Current and valid HR License;
- Heavy Duty Mechanical trade qualification;
- Experience maintaining large wheel loaders, D10 and D11 dozer fleets, 16 and 24 series graders and CAT ancillary equipment utilised in a large scale open pit mining operation;
- Self-motivated, sense of urgency and have the ability to lead small teams
**Location In this residential role you will be based in Newman, Western Australia. You will be working at the closely located ‘Mount Whaleback’ mine site, which at more than five kilometres long and nearly 1.5 kilometres wide is the biggest single-pit open-cut iron ore mine in the world. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalised town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, water courses and stunningly unique landscapes. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.**