|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Our OperationsOne of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities. Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on an 8/6 roster with residential or FIFO options available.The Specialist Mine Scheduler is primarily responsible for the coordination of activities which enable and support the delivery of an integrated mining schedule through collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders.In this role you will:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Liaise between stakeholders to produce a comprehensive integrated mine area plan, ensuring all scheduled activities have been scoped and integrated into the mine schedule
- Provide input into the medium term schedule process to produce an executable medium term schedule
- Adhere to the scheduling processes and integration of associated planning and schedule software to support operations
- Weekly delivery of a rolling 21 day plan of mine area activities which aligns to the 21 day schedule
- Align resources considering all area plans, planned maintenance and execution department capability, as well as scopes all activities in the 21 day mine schedule and clearly documenting and communicating any site not able to be scoped
- Initiate of Pro-Formas to integrate required activities into the 21 day mine schedule
- Collaborate between Scheduling, Planning & Technical, Execution and Maintenance functions
- Support the schedule escalation process through investigation and documentation of variance
- Build cross-functional relationships with the Operational sub-functions and interact with Planning teams
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
- Project Management or Mining Engineering qualifications and experience advantageous
- Several years mining experience across different execution disciplines
- Broad understanding of sub level open stoping extraction method
- Sound understanding of ventilation systems and networks
- Competent in developing planning strategies, identifying and escalating schedule threats, risks and opportunities
- Proven communication skills including accurate documentation of work area status and compliance priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively across different work groups and proactively engage with a range of stakeholders
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.