|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel West
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana.A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia. Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. We invite you to join us at Nickel West as we seek to energize our future.
- Fantastic opportunity to step- up into a senior
role and as a Superintendent when required!
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12%
superannuation and a range of company benefits;
- Kalgoorlie residential role
on a family friendly 5 days on 2 days off roster (No FIFO);
- Nickel West value and
respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment.
Based at our Kalgoorlie Nickel Smelter, the Senior Process Engineer’s role is to provide technical support to the operations team and to complete high value projects designed at increasing throughput, reducing cost or improving recovery. Furthermore, the Senior Process Engineer acts as part of the senior group within the team giving guidance to fellow engineers as well as providing advice and technical know-how to the site leadership team. There is also an expectation that the Senior Process Engineer will act as step-up Production Superintendent when required.
Reporting to the Process Control and Improvement Superintendent, you will:
- Provide technical support to the operations;
- Engage in process troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Execute high value projects and partake in engineering studies;
- Monitor critical process safety variables and participate in
process safety improvement;
- Partake in furnace and refractory monitoring to assist in the
extension of asset life;
- Complete process investigations and develop clear and precise
- Provide mentoring and guidance to young engineers and graduates.
- Chemical/Process Engineering or Metallurgy qualification;
- Demonstrated experience working in processing, mining or chemical
- Familiarity with smelting operations, with a focus on Flash Furnace
smelting and Peirce Smith Converting will be beneficial but not essential;
- Demonstrated sound analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate and interact with
a wide variety of people; and
- Ability to work within a flexible team environment.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.