|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.This position will work on our Lifestyle Roster, working a pattern of days and nights, with a block of days off at the end of each swing.
Employees on this roster enjoy two full weekends off out of four and will align to the following shift rotation: 2D2N5X, 2D3N4X, 3D2N5X. Shifts are 12.5 hours including handover, and you will benefit from additional shift allowances, as part of your remuneration package. As an added benefit, those on a Lifestyle Roster will also enjoy an additional week of annual leave per year. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor all aspects of network, systems, infrastructure and provide technical support to resolve issues before it becomes a problem and escalate where necessary
- Monitor, configure, troubleshoot and support applications, servers, and virtual infrastructure.
- Supports the transition of new or enhanced Technology services
- Safe execution of change and service requests and resolution of incidents to service level agreements
- Asset health management, ensuring proactive maintenance identification and safe execution of tasks
- Execute the safe delivery of the application, database and infrastructure services in line with policies, procedures and standards
- Complies with the 1SAP Work Management processes related to work identification, execution and the capturing of related historical transactional data into 1SAP
- Execute business unit disaster/service recovery plans and actively participate in the regular tests as required
- Identifies area for improvement in collaboration with other Technology teams
To be successful in this role, you will be a CCNA certified (or in progress) Network Engineer with advanced Cisco troubleshooting skills and 3+ years’ practical work experience. Ideally, you will have a trade/tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related discipline and/or possess the equivalent IT/OT experience. You will have a good understanding of digital communications theory, including physical and media access layer standards (layer 2 and layer 3 protocols).
As the preferred candidate, you will have solid experience providing operational support for mission-critical services in large-scale environments, preferably in mining/resources. Familiarity with SAP and ServiceNow (or similar ITSM systems) and an ITIL certification is advantageous. An understanding and knowledge of IT monitoring tools (i.e. SolarWinds, Splunk and ICS Ranger) and the use and configuration of Asset Health Monitoring Tools will be beneficial in this role. Knowledge of Citect/SCADA and Programmable Logic Computers (PLC’s) will be beneficial in this role.
You are highly organised and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (including root-cause analysis) with the ability to prioritise effectively in a high-pressure environment. Your oral and written communication skills will be well developed, and you will be able to work collaboratively and build relationships and trust at all levels. You will be an excellent team player who can also work in a stand-alone capacity.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.