|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.The Fixed Plant Control Systems Operations Specialist provides operational support and ensures maintenance tasks are executed to optimise the technology environment and minimise any impacts on business continuity.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor all aspects of Control System Applications and infrastructure and provide technical support to resolve issues before it becomes a problem and escalate where necessary
- Monitor, configure, troubleshoot and support applications, servers, and virtual infrastructure
- Execute maintenance activities according to the weekly work schedule and unscheduled work as required
- Provide input into the resolution (both reactive and proactive) of problems assisting with identifying root-causes & implementation of remedies to prevent future incidents
- Execute the safe delivery of application, database and Infrastructure services in line with policies, procedures and standards
- Complies with the 1SAP Work Management processes related to work identification, execution and the capturing of related historical transactional data into 1SAP
- Execute business unit disaster/service recovery plans and actively participate in the regular tests as required
- Identify and contribute to the automation of tools and processes to continuously improve both reactive and proactive activities
- Identify areas for improvement in collaboration with other Technology teams.
- Builds cross-functional relationships with the operational sub-functions to support the effective execution of service delivery
To be successful in this role, you will have 3+ years post qualification IT/OT experience and are likely to have a tertiary or trade qualification in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline. You can demonstrate deep knowledge of Control Systems fundamentals, and you have solid experience in Citect SCADA and PLC Programming (ideally Rockwell Automation Products). A CCNA certification will be highly regarded.
As the preferred candidate, you will have solid experience providing operational support for mission-critical services in large-scale environments, preferably in mining/resources. Familiarity with SAP and ServiceNow (or similar ITSM systems) and an ITIL certification is advantageous. An understanding and knowledge of IT monitoring tools (i.e. SolarWinds, Ciscoworks) and the use and configuration of Asset Health Monitoring Tools will be beneficial in this role.
You are highly organised and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (including root-cause analysis) with the ability to prioritise effectively in a high-pressure environment. Your oral and written communication skills will be well developed, and you will be able to work collaboratively and build relationships and trust at all levels. You will be an excellent team player who can also work in a stand-alone capacity.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.