|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Reporting to the Manager Maintenance, this challenging role will see you provide direction and leadership to a large team supporting a truck and shovel fleet. You will provide direct leadership to Supervisors and Coordinators overseeing compliance with maintenance standards, procedures, work instructions and defined process to achieve optimal production outcomes.
This full time role based at our Caval Ridge Mine Site is offered on a lifestyle roster of 4/4, 4/2 (Mon-Fri, day shifts).Your previous success in leading a team and building a positive workplace culture will be paramount in setting you up for success. The successful applicant will possess strong engagement, influencing and collaboration skills in order to achieve the high-level outcomes with your team. You will have the ability to create a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team.
- Previous maintenance experience in mining, within a leadership role;
- Demonstrated strong leadership and communication skills;
- Trade or degree qualified in mechanical or electrical discipline is desirable;
- Be a motivated, engaged and supportive people leader;
- Prior experience in providing input into planning processes with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Ability to take ownership of improvement projects;
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and the ability to work with various stakeholders
- Have an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.