|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Production Driller to join our Production team. In this role you will be responsible for undertaking drilling activities within the Drill and Blast department to enable targets to be achieved in a safe and efficient manner.Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, Operating on a 7/7 day/ night, DIDO options available.In this role you will:
- You will be responsible for drilling up and down hole production blast holes, in addition to cable bolt and service holes.
- Coach and mentor others in relation to working safely and collaboratively within team to achieve department KPIs
- Support continuous improvement by looking for opportunities to improve work practices and procedures
- Ensure all safe work systems, procedures and standards are followed
- Proven commitment to look after your own well being and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
- Effective communication skills in order to develop and promote effective working relationships across the shift and with other departments
- Be able to work with limited supervision, manage time effectively and be detail orientated
- Prior experience or exposure to underground Production Drilling practices and techniques will be seen as advantageous
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.