|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.The Resource Engineering team are seeking an experienced Specialist Geomatics to work in the Survey Function supporting Geographical Information Systems for the Coal Assets. In this role you will gather, store, process and deliver spatial and non-spatial data in 2D and 3D mapping tools while focussing on the standardisation and simplification of processes. This is a Brisbane based position on a Monday to Friday roster.
In this role you will:
- Maintain spatial datasets
- Develop processes to identify, analyse and consume data from point of truth data sources
- Facilitate spatial outputs for internal and external clients
- Provide data updates, conversion, and sharing
- Maintain and improve mine site mapping
- Empower others to use the right data to improve their decision making
- Work with other GIS professionals to improve GIS processes and data standards
To be successful you will require the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in GIS, Geomatics, Spatial Science or Surveying
- Advanced knowledge of the ESRI suite
- Experience using 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst
- Experience with creating automated workflows using Python, ESRI ModelBuilder and FME
- Experience with ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS and Geocortex is highly desirable
- Knowledge of and exposure to mining
- Self-motivated and driven
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.